About a week ago, I got a call from our Aunt Andrea informing me of an accompanist audition at a local theatre, The Desert Star, in Murray. I called, and they had me come in that very evening. As I filled out the application, performed a few songs, they noticed that I had a degree in musical theatre and experience singing...so, the directors asked if I would sing something and do a read-through with other members of the cast. They said that I was what they were looking for in a particular character- and so, I was just casted in the musical spoof- "Scary Poppins", as Jill. Rehearsals start tonight and the show starts on the 28th of August running through the beginning of November...It should be a fun experience being on stage again! Wednesday, August 6, 2008
There's No Business Like Show Business!
About a week ago, I got a call from our Aunt Andrea informing me of an accompanist audition at a local theatre, The Desert Star, in Murray. I called, and they had me come in that very evening. As I filled out the application, performed a few songs, they noticed that I had a degree in musical theatre and experience singing...so, the directors asked if I would sing something and do a read-through with other members of the cast. They said that I was what they were looking for in a particular character- and so, I was just casted in the musical spoof- "Scary Poppins", as Jill. Rehearsals start tonight and the show starts on the 28th of August running through the beginning of November...It should be a fun experience being on stage again! Posted by Ryan Kelli and Clara at 12:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations! I wish we could come see you in this! Do tell about what it is about, although I'm sure I could look it up.
Yeah!! I wish I could come see you perform. I've been to that playhouse several times and have always enjoyed the show. Good luck and let us know how it goes... Love ya!!
That is awesome Kelli! I've heard of the Desert Star theater, I've heard it's really cool. Congrats!
Way to go, I am so proud to know you. I remember very well you on stage for musical my mom and I attended in Orem. You were awesome.
Where exactly is the desert star theatre?
Congrats Kel! I am so excited for you! Let us know when you perform so we can come see ya! Love and miss ya!
That is so awesome!!! WOW to be blessed with such a talent...WAY TO GO...CONGRATULATIONS!
Hey Kelli,
Thais is Katie Gailey Zaremba. It looks like you are so happy! Your wedding photos are beautiful!! I just wanted to let you know that I will be seeing Scary Poppins on 9/11/2008. I can't wait to see you and especially at Desert Star! I love that place!!
Post a Comment