I usually don't do these little "tags"- but I am feeling the pressure now from sisters and friends..."Okay, ready or not, here I come!"
1. I love my husband Ryan. He is my best friend, and he is very understanding, good at communicating, and forgiving. Not to mention fun and outgoing- spontaneous! (I am glad that I married you and not some....) :)
2. I love family- all of them! I love spending time with family, and having get-to-gethers!
3. I love to make and send cards to people- (I learned a valuable lesson from a bishop...he would write thank-you cards to anyone who helped or sang, or did anything to serve...if he had time to thank another, I certainly do...)
4. I love to work. "An idle mind is the devil's playground"! When I first married Ryan, I had the hardest time sitting through a movie or TV show- I had to be doing something...I am now learning to balance work and play.
5. I also love to sleep- I am an early to bed, late to rise kind of gal. I love getting at least 8-9 hrs. of sleep- I feel so much better, and not as cranky. :)
6. I absolutely HATE spiders. I am scared to death by them...I think this phobia occurred after someone's father, (uh hem), not to mention names...brought home Arachnophobia for Valentine's Day 15 years ago... Very Romantic. ;)
7. I love construction work- anything that will help me be a more self-reliant person with the home- I am there. From framing, sheet-rocking, painting, roofing, cement work, sprinklers, yard work...I love it and crave it! I always said that I don't want to be the wife just serving the lemonade while we build our home, I am going to be side by side my hubby, and drinking it too!
8. I am fairly competitive. Well, I am. There is no fairly about it. If it was trying to outdo my sisters in water-skiing, or win a game of "NUTS" or Ticket to Ride...I like to win. Who doesn't?
9. I enjoy cooking. Even though I am not in the kitchen a whole lot- I love to cook and try new recipes. I took a giant leap of faith when I offered to cook Christmas Dinner- especially for the in-laws...no one choked or died of food poisoning...so I guess it wasn't too bad! Bon Appetite!
10. I love sports- I was my dad's lil' tom-boy for a very long time. I played football with the boys in elementary and middle school as the quarterback, and I was a huge 49'ers fan! (That was the era where I was sure that I would marry Steve Young). I played softball for years and years, along with volleyball and basketball. I got into slalom water-skiing, and rock climbing, and very recently, have gotten back into shooting again with my husband. So much fun!
11. I LOVE MUSIC! It is my passion! I enjoy listening, performing, writing, and teaching it. Usually, I talk too much, or boof up what I want to say, similar to our previous president, George W. Bush, but for me, music is the conduit for me to express what I am feeling. "Music expresses what words can not."
12. I don't like scary movies. At all. Even if Ryan were there to hold me and if I got to cover my eyes with a blanket...I would still have that sick feeling inside me...then I turn on "Care Bears" and that feeling is gone! Dark Heart isn't so bad anymore! :)
13. I enjoy learning new things. After graduating from college, and see Ryan attend school- it made me miss the every day learning- not so much the finals part though. After a long time of wanting to do something in the medical field, I am enrolled in a Phlebotomy course, where after a month, I can be certified! It is very intense, but awesome! You can just call me Count Dracula! 1 Blood Draw...Ah, Ah, Ah!
14. I like to read now- didn't when I was younger. I enjoy reading religious, music, and pretty much, anything by C.S. Lewis. I will finish the Narnia series!
15. I enjoy "Girl Time". Now that I am out of that Tom-Boy, Girl's are Stupid stage- I enjoy having girl time whether it be talking, watching movies, eating, shopping, getting my nails done... it is wonderful! "I enjoy being a girl"
16. Confession. After being at school for a while- I was accustomed to not being around kids, therefore...I couldn't stand them and didn't have an ounce of patience for them. I didn't know how to talk to them or play with them...it was very hard. After teaching lessons, and subbing at the schools- I learned that kids are amazing, and you can learn so much from them! I love seeing them learn something for the first time- and the lil' light bulb goes on! Or how they get excited about the little things. How genuine and honest they are, and how quick they are to forgive. I love children.
17. I absolutely adore the book and movies- Pride and Prejudice. I could watch that movie a bajillion times and never get bored. It is the perfect movie to watch while scrap booking, (which I also love doing...)
18. I enjoy traveling! Especially road trips with Ryan! We have a great time! I love visiting new places and learning about its history. New York City, Mexico, Washington D.C., church history sites, Lovelock Nevada rank up there in the top 10.
19. I am a people-pleaser. I don't ever want to hurt or offend someone. I can't say no, for fear of a lightning bolt hitting me- (but I am learning that lightning doesn't always hit twice in the same spot...I can say no...) I want people to feel good about themselves and be happy.
20. I mentioned that I love to shop...well, it's not for what you think...I get frustrated with clothes and shoes, so I would rather be at Home Depot, home decor, music, or scrapbook stores, or Deseret Book! I am like a lil' kid in the candy store!
21. I love to go to the temple. I have since I was very little and I enjoy the peace and joy you feel there.
22. I love the mountains. In college, I was able to go camping, the real kind- (not the Motel 8 kind) and I enjoyed pitching a tent, going fishing, cooking over the fire, telling stories, hiking, being with friends, star gazing. (I guess this all came from my passion for GIRLS CAMP! We did do camping-like things...not just girly crafts and sing songs and go snipe hunting and cry our eyes out at testimony meeting...hey- we cooked marshmallows and hot dogs and did a mile hike...cut us some slack!)
23. I love to write. I enjoyed my writing classes, whether it was English or music. My goal one day is to have a few of my short stories published and a musical published and performed as well.
24. I Love being social and getting to know people. Everyone has a story to tell, and I love story time!
25. I love my life- it isn't always easy, but I love it. I love it, I learn from it, occasionally laugh it, and I live it.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tag, You're It! 25 Things About Me-
Posted by Ryan Kelli and Clara at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kel that was so cute! Whenever I meet music dept. people I always ask if they know you, and tell them I was privileged enough to study music with you way back when :) Everyone who does know you always says "Oh yeah! She's great!" :) Love and miss ya!
I am glad that you wrote this post. I enjoyed learning more about you. Thanks for sharing! You are an amazing person.
Post a Comment