During our visit with the Sorensens, we were able to have Sunday dinner with them. This brought back many memories with my own family, as each one of us got to share what we learned at church that day...
This particular Sunday, Emma (8) shared that she had the "Tithing" lesson for the 3rd time! She just couldn't understand why we needed to repeat the lesson over and over... just pay 10 percent...how hard is that!?
Then the conversation went like this...
Kate, who is 4 years old: So- Aunt Kelli...do you talk to God?
Me: Why, yes- I do. Do you talk to God, Kate?
Kate: Yup, (chomp, chomp on a grape), and He talks to me too.
Me: Really? What does He say to you?
Kate: Oh, just stuff...like, how to love people.
Me: That's pretty awesome, Kate. Prayer is a special way we can talk to Heavenly Father.
Kate: I know. That's why I do it.
I never realized how incredible Sunday dinners were- until I got to see it through a little one's eyes.
What will your Sunday dinners bring to the table?
1 comments:
HOW SWEET!! I love Sunday dinners! We go up to Kris's parents every Sunday...with all of his siblings that still live here, except Sam.
Post a Comment