After my surgery, Ryan's brother Geoff and his family came to visit. The kids were so wonderful to help me out with recovering. Even Dr. Haley was there to make sure that I was on the mend. She pulled out her doctor bag, took my temperature, gave me an "ouchie" (aka, shot), I taught her how to draw blood, checked my reflexes, and as she grabbed the stethoscope, which I thought was to listen to my heart, she placed it on my belly and listened intently. Looking around and waiting for a moment, her eyes lit up like a fire cracker and exclaimed, "There's a baby in the there, and it's LAUGHING!" Sweet Haley may not be a Doctor of Medicine yet, but she was my Doctor of Love and Laughter that day...Thank you Haley Grace for that sweet, tender moment...it is a memory I will never forget!
*note to reader...no laughing baby in my belly...yet. :)
3 comments:
That's really cute. Maybe she knows something you don't...
Just so you know- she also said the same thing about Ryan's belly...
hahaha... oh that was sweet! :) I hope you are feeling better...and I especially hope you have a laughing baby in your belly in the near future ;)
Post a Comment