Thursday, March 24, 2011

She's Got A Mean Left Hook.

I love most things about my job. I occasionally share my fun events of the work day...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Yesterday, I went to draw an elderly woman, around 70 years old. She was obviously having a rough day...and when she finally realized what I was doing, after I explained several times, she brought her fist back and popped me right on the side of my face! Then of course, the cursing and yelling came...I quickly grabbed my things and left the room. Not quite the successful draw, but in regards to my hormones- I didn't cry...
well, at least not in front of her.
All I have to say- she sure introduced the element of surprise with her left hook...
I would have hated to see her nasty upper cut.

4 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Are you ok? That is not a good day. Sorry!

Emily Norby said...

Wow. I wonder what crazy thing will happen to you tomorrow?!

Nicole said...

Oh Kelli, that sounds not like a very good day at all! So I'm having a post-prego brain fart and forgot what your profession was for a second...and I was thinking you actually drew that photo of the angry woman w/ the fist on your blog!!! Man, yes I was c.o.n.f.u.s.e.d. Then it dawned on me at 15 til midnight that I needed to remember your profession. I'm thinking happy, positive thoughts instead and looking forward to sometime in May/early June to find out if you're having a boy or girl!!!

Aubrey Norby said...

So sorry about your bad day! That makes my bad days look pretty pathetic. At least my kids don't hit me - usually. I am glad you can have a bit of a sense of humor about it. The picture of an old lady looking cantankerous is pretty funny.