Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful For...Mom!

During our stay here in Sandpoint Idaho with my sister and her family- we have seen and heard many, many things that help us look forward to parenthood...Here are just a few examples.

Scene Situation- Mom (Marisa), Kate(3), and Emma(6) are sitting on the couch watching a movie. Emma starts to tease Kate, and of course, Kate teases/hits back. Emma starts to cry and turns to Mom to complain and tell on Kate. The conversation goes as follows-

Emma: "Mom, Kate hit me in the stomach...sniffle sniffle..."

Mom: "Well, what would you like me to do? Do you want me to move her to the other side of the couch? What would work for you to make it better...?"

Emma: "Well...(long pause....) we could sell her."

Mom: "I'm sorry honey- we don't sell our children. It's not allowed on Ebay."

End of Scene



Since our arrival here- we have notice that Kate likes to say, "Mom" a lot. Why not? It's one of the first words a toddler says... Well, she takes it to the nth degree. So, when we woke up this morning, we decided to do a tally on how many times this little tyke says "Mom". We started around 8:30am and by 9:30, we had passed 100 times. Every time she said it- we all would just start laughing and counting out loud. By 10:30am, we lost count. Estimated times the word "Mom" will be used today- 1000+.

5 comments:

Korey and Lindsey said...

That's funny I went and got my husband to read it because I thought it was great. Gotta love little kids.

Paul and Kyla said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! It is great to be with family for the holidays! Can't wait for the cruise! Love ya!

Amy said...

That was hillarious! I guess it's ok Alex can't say mom yet:) 1000 times, that's crazy, but cute at the same time. I'm glad you guys had fun. We're happy we got to see you even if it was quick. Love you!

SuperGreens said...

Wow! That is a classic response! I love it! I forgot your sister lives up in Sandpoint. Marc and I were up ther last May with his grandparents staying at Ponderay Shores Resort. His G-parents live in Coeur D'Alene.

Green River High School said...

Hey Guys... Hope you had a great cruise!!!!