"You might be from Utah or a Mormon if..."
While performing my little novelty number for the show at Desert Star- I experienced a brain fluff and added my own rendition to the song... The lyrics go like this...
What's more American than cornflakes? The Fourth of July and Uncle Sam! What's more American than baseball...I am! I am! I am! The stars and stripes...George Washington. The Capitol dome, and bubble gum. There's General Grant, and "Herold B. Lee" but most of all you can count on little ol' me! ME!
Yes, you can count on me to make a total fool out of myself! If you are still wondering about Harold B. Lee- it was really supposed to be, Robert E. Lee...of course! I came off stage just laughing and embarrassed as can be! Well, what's more American in Utah than that of a Mormon prophet... Hum...I don't know.
5 comments:
I once did something similar...only not in front of an audience. I was teaching fifth-grade in Pleasant Grove, Utah and teaching U.S. History. We were talking about President Lincoln and I kept saying President Hinckley. Also, we learned about the civil war and there was a battle at Antetam and I said Antionum (from the B of M).
It's ingrained in who we are!
Hey I think I sang that song in second grade. I used to love it! I wish we could have seen you perform!! You look great in the pictures and I think your little change in words made the song even better :) Love ya!
hahaha...I wish I was there. I know that song!! I sang it at the Utah Centenial Celbration with the Tabernacle Choir. I would've have giggled quite a bit if I heard you do that.... :] Hilarious!
That is Awsome!!!! :)
I am a season ticket holder. I don't think I saw your performance though...that would have been hilarious!
I actually came across your blog because I am looking for the word to that song. Would you be willing to e-mail them to me?
Post a Comment