Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big News!


Ryan and I have great news! We're... Employed! This news has brought us great joy! We couldn't be happier! Did you think we were going to say, EXPECTING? We aren't...But let me just say, from what I hear about pregnancy- I have found that getting a job and being pregnant are quite similar...

1. It's the Lord's Timing- it can be planned, or a surprise
2. 4-6 weeks for a confirmation...background check or a monthly visitor
3. Tests involving fluids- of the urine kind. (Drug test- Preggo Test)
4. Stomach Nausea-Nerves
5. Benefits beyond what we could ever imagine!



Ryan just accepted an offer to work for Specialized Surfacing. He will be working in the office and gaining a better understanding of the way a business works from the inside.
He can't wait to start! Thanks Uncle Bill!



After months and months of searching for a phlebotomy job, I received an offer from ARUP- the company that does the blood and lab work for the University of Utah Hospitals. They offer wonderful benefits and have the "working mother" in mind... I will be working...but not as a mother, yet! I will be in training for 4-6 weeks, and then working in the in-patient, burn unit, ER, and later, pediatrics and infants. I can't wait- I am on pins and needles! No pun intended...


Thank you for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers...we are so blessed!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats! But that was a mean trick using the stork picture!

Emily Norby said...

HUGE congratulations to both of you!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for both of you! Good luck as you begin this new part of life.

Kenzee Jo said...

YEA!!! How great!! I gotta say, I did think you were going to say you were expecting, but that's great! Loved how you compared pregnancy and jobs:] hahha- HIlaroius! Love ya Kelli!

The Peterson's said...

Yay for Jobs! I wish I could say I had one... Loved the trick about being prego!

Amy Jo and Joey said...

Congrats guys! Visiting you guys last weekend was so much fun!

KymandKalab said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I am so glad you both have jobs and are doing well!

Amy said...

You had Darren and I going there for a second :) Congratulations!! We're so happy for you two. You both deserve it!!

Adam and the Girls said...

Yay! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys....and no rush on the baby thing....you are young little ducklings still, so no pressure. :) (I am sure that is not easy to hear living in Utah where most 25 year olds have 4 kids under the age of 5) giggle-giggle. Anywho, I have a new blog....I need your email address to invite you. Send it to me at jeffieric@gmail.com por favor. :) Love, Jeffi