Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nauvoo- Beautiful City

It was a wonderful experience being in Nauvoo again- there is such a special spirit there. There are a few things that were impressed upon my mind while visiting this special place.

While making the rope, the Elder Missionary explained that families are like ropes, there are several pieces but when spun and pulled together- it makes a tight rope. Our family can be the same, woven and pulled together, never to break or separate. They are eternal.

At the Brickyard- it is a long process to making a single brick. First, the mud or clay is brought in and put into a form, and set in the sun to dry, being turned each day to make sure it is complete. Then, it is brought in to be sanded- then, put into the refiners fire to become firm and strong. This is what the Lords makes of us- he takes us individual and forms us into what he would have us be, then after several processes, we are then refined by his fire. I am so thankful for this testimony building experience.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Green River High School said...

How awesome. I want to go there so bad. Lucky ducks! P.S. We. Miss. You.

Kenzee Jo said...

Fun! I want to go there so bad some day :] I hope all is well your way!!

Jessica said...

What a fun trip! I am so glad that you got to go and that you enjoyed yourself. What a great way to spend spring break!

Something Special said...

Hi Kelli, I agree with the person with the first comment. I want to go there so bad! I need to email you and catch up. Isaac just found out they are expecting a baby girl!
Take care and Love ya

Mullins Family said...

oh I am sooo jealous!! I love Nauvoo!! Glad you had fun!!