It has been a while since I have written about work-but today-
I saw the cutest, but saddest face on the planet...
I had to draw a 12 month old for some blood work- let me tell you- she was amazing! She didn't make a peep or cry (she was entertained by the empty tube I gave her to play with). She just looked up at me- with this face- those sad eyes- (see above picture)...for the entire process. It was only after I took the butterfly needle out that the tears started to flow. The mom was so grateful that it was only one poke, where as a few days prior, the nurses tried 4 times. I got a smile and a wave goodbye from the lil' muffin- and I realized, I never, ever want to draw blood on my kids!
PS- I have been with ARUP for over 3 years. Can you believe it?

2 comments:
She was fortunate to have such a good "vampire" to take her blood. Nothing more heartbreaking than sick little kids...
You were probably the best for her, you're so loving and sweet, she probably just sensed how amazing you are!
Post a Comment